Less than 24 hours left...
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.
* TOMORROW, September 23:
+ 11am: Global Climate Strike: Chicago - Don't miss out!
+ 12pm: Bank Protest at Chase bank: Milwaukee
350MKE People Make a Difference - We Act!
Forward this email to a Friend ([link removed])
Global Climate Strike - Chicago
Tomorrow, September 23, 11am - 1pm
Fridays For Future Global Climate Strike ([link removed])
TOMORROW WE ARE STRIKING FOR
CLIMATE REPARATIONS AND JUSTICE!
Be a part of the Global Climate [link removed] Chicago! You'll be joining a coalition of more than a dozen organizations working for climate justice and a sustainable future for all!
We still have a few seats on the Milwaukee bus. There's only a few hours left to catch the 8:30am Milwaukee Bus to Chicago, sign up HERE ([link removed]) [link removed] ASAP!
Here's a bit of information about the event:
* We'll be starting at Pritzker Park (310 S State St) in downtown Chicago. Start assembling at 10:30 AM, and the march will depart at 11 AM. Estimated end time: 1 PM.
+ March to the Federal Reserve (230 S La Salle St)
+ March to Chase Tower (10 S Dearborn St)
+ March to Kluczynski Federal Building (230 S Dearborn St)
+ Return to Pritzker Park
+ Entire length of march: just over 1 mile
* If you aren't able to join the full march, you're welcome to meet us at any of the locations! We'll also need a couple of people willing to stay at Pritzker Park to keep an eye on anything we leave behind temporarily.
* We will have snacks and some water - but we encourage you to bring your own reusable water bottles!!!
* Please do your best to stay on the sidewalks.
* If you would like reimbursement for gas and parking or public transportation, please let the leader of your group know after the event! If you aren't affiliated with a group or don't know who to contact, email me after the event.
* Feel free to bring your own signs or props! Costumes welcome as well!
* Invite your friends, families, and connections - we want this to be as inclusive an event as possible.
* This is a peaceful, nonviolent rally. Hate speech, vandalism, violence, and threats will not be tolerated. We are strongly discouraging any arrestable actions at this event.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me ([email protected]
?subject=Chicago%20Climate%20Strike) ) or to Larry Coble ([email protected]
See you in Chicago!
Banners & Signs will be available
or bring your favorite!
350MKE Fridays for Future
Friday, September 23, 2022
12:00 - 1:00 pm
Chase & Wells Fargo Banks
Wisconsin Ave & Water St ([link removed])
If you're not going to Chicago, join the strike in Milwaukee!
According to data ([link removed]) from Rainforest Action Network, [JPMorgan Chase] is the largest global banker of Gazprom, the largest publicly listed natural gas ([link removed]) company in the world and the largest company in Russia ([link removed]) by revenue.
Between 2016 and 2020, the group says, the firm provided the company with roughly $3.5 billion in financing.
Aside from JPMorgan, no other major U.S. banks were in the top 10.
We have signs, or bring your own!
Masks and Physical Distancing as appropriate
** Twitter ([link removed])
** Keep in touch! ([link removed])
** Website ([link removed])
** YouTube ([link removed])
** Email (mailto:[email protected]
Copyright © 2022 350 Milwaukee, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you signed up at an event or on our website.
** Update your preferences ([link removed])
or ** Unsubscribe from this list ([link removed])
350 Milwaukee, 4142 Newhall St. Shorewood, WI 53211
** 350.org ([link removed])
is a global movement that fights for a just and equitable world by stopping the fossil fuel industry from continuing to destroy our climate.
Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp