Tools to boost Democrats and take on Governor Baker and his Republican allies.
View this email in your browser ([link removed])
Our goal with the MassDems Wire is to give you the tools to boost Democrats and take on Governor Baker and his Republican allies. Use this information on social media, as the basis for a letter to the editor of your local paper, in emails to your personal network, or in conversation with your friends and neighbors.
It’s *finally* infrastructure week. After 4 years of failure under the Trump administration, President Biden and Democrats worked across the aisle to deliver a once-in-a-generation investment in jobs, infrastructure, and climate action. The Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal is on it’s way to President Biden’s desk.
It’s critical that Democrats on the ground help their friends, family, and neighbors understand just how much the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal and the Build Back Better Act, which the House advanced to pass after Veteran’s Day weekend, will benefit them.
We’ve compiled a toolkit to help you talk to your network about the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal and you can click here ([link removed]) to view a similar one for the Build Back Better Act. Use this information in emails, social media posts, or conversations to help us spread the word about how Democrats are delivering for Massachusetts.
This toolkit is public and meant for you to share! Please forward this to your network, including any fellow activists, local Democratic committee members, etc. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions about the guidance below.
Massachusetts Democratic Party
Topline Talking Points
* The Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal is a once-in-a-generation investment that will create millions of jobs modernizing our infrastructure, turn the climate crisis into an opportunity, and put us on a path to win the economic competition for the 21st century.
* The President’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal will:
+ Make historic, job-creating investments in our roads and bridges.
+ Create millions of good-paying jobs
+ Make unprecedented gains for our clean energy leadership.
+ Put us on a path to win the economic competition for the 21st century.
* For Massachusetts, the Build Back Better framework delivers:
+ $4.2 billion to improve highways and $1.1 billion for bridge replacement and repairs over five years.
+ $2.5 billion over five years to improve public transportation options across the state.
+ $63 million over five years to support the expansion of an EV charging network in the state. Massachusetts will also have the opportunity to apply for the $2.5 billion in grant funding dedicated to EV charging in the bill.
+ A minimum of $100 million to help provide broadband coverage across the state, including providing access to the at least 137,000 people in Massachusetts who currently lack it. 1,340,000 or 19% of people in Massachusetts will also be eligible for the Affordability Connectivity Benefit, which will help low-income families afford internet access.
+ $5.8 million over five years to protect against wildfires.
+ $15.7 million to protect against cyberattacks.
+ $1.1 billion over five years to improve water infrastructure across the state and ensure that clean, safe drinking water is a right in all communities.
+ $244 million over five years to improve Massachusetts airports.
* The Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal is a blue-collar blueprint to rebuild America -- a majority of these jobs don’t require a college degree.
* Because of Democrats, communities across the country will be healthier, better connected, and poised to help us continue leading on the world stage.
* Combined with the Build Back Better Act, the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal will be the fuel Democrats need to win up and down the ballot in 2022 and beyond.
Ways to Take Action
* Write a letter to the editor highlighting key details of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal and what they mean for you. Here are some LTE best practices:
+ Keep it short, around 250 words.
+ Write it in the first person. Personal stories can make your letter more interesting.
+ Make sure the topic of your piece and your opinion is clear. A letter to the editor is more likely to get published if it directly addresses an article, editorial, or column from the last few days.
+ When you're done writing, go to your local paper's website "contact us" page for information on how to submit your piece.
* Post on social media by recording a short video highlighting how the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal will make a difference in your life. Post a direct-to-camera (selfie!) video on why infrastructure matters.
+ Use your phone to film yourself vertically from the chest up.
+ Record in a well lit room or in front of a window. If possible, try to find a neutral wall or background.
+ Make sure you’re in a quiet area and avoid sources of background noise like cars, parks, bodies of water, etc.
+ Record less than 30 seconds. Don’t be afraid to record multiple takes to get a clean video!
+ Post them on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, ask your friends to uplift these posts, and don’t hesitate to flag them for us by DMing @massdems.
* After you film your selfie video, use the sample posts and creative assets below to keep spreading the word about the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal online.
It’s *finally* infrastructure week ☀️
Thank you @POTUS and Democrats for delivering billions in funding for Massachusetts. #mapoli
The Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal is on it’s way to @POTUS’ desk! But we can’t stop there.
The #BuildBackBetter Act is a transformative investment in climate, kids, and care--and that’s critical infrastructure too.
🛣 $5.3b for roads and bridges
🚉 $2.5b for public transit
💧 $1.1b for clean drinking water
💻 $100m minimum for broadband
& more for Massachusetts in the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal! Thank you @POTUS and Democrats!
promised to work across the aisle and forge consensus to deliver results – and that is exactly what he has done. The Bipartisan Infrastructure Plan is another step closer to improving the everyday lives of millions of Bay Staters. Next up--the #BuildBackBetter Act.
Use the graphics below on social media and click here to view more content and alternate sizes. ([link removed])
Copyright © 2021 Massachusetts Democratic Party, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you joined MassDems Activist Team
Our mailing address is:
Massachusetts Democratic Party
11 Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02108
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can ** update your preferences ([link removed])
or ** unsubscribe from this list ([link removed])