Tools to boost Democrats and take on Governor Baker and his Republican allies.
View this email in your browser ([link removed])
Our goal with the MassDems Wire is to give you the tools to boost Democrats and take on Baker and his Republican allies. Use these talking points on social media, as the basis for a letter to the editor of your local paper, in emails to your personal network, or in conversations with your friends and neighbors.
April 28, 2021
President Biden’s First 100 Days
President Biden’s First 100 Days
Tonight, on the eve of President Biden’s 100th day in office, he’ll deliver his first formal address to a joint session of Congress.
* Tomorrow marks President Biden’s 100th day in office. In such a short amount of time, the leadership of the White House and Democrats in Congress has put America back on track.
* Because of direct relief in President Biden’s American Rescue Plan:
+ Over 50% of those eligible have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose.
+ Unemployment claims in Massachusetts have hit a pandemic low.
+ Nearly 4 million Massachusetts adults will receive relief checks up to $1,400.
+ Massachusetts K-12 schools are reopening safely with over $1.8 billion in funding.
* Now that America is on the road to recovery, President Biden believes this is the moment to reimagine and rebuild a new American economy. The American Jobs Plan will:
+ Make a once-in-a-century capital investment to rebuild crumbling roads and bridges, expand access to broadband, and ensure access to clean water.
+ Create millions of good paying, union jobs by investing in the research and development of 21st century products.
+ Tackle the climate crisis by moving to a clean energy economy.
+ Implement a tax code that rewards work, not wealth.
* Today, President Biden is unveiling the American Families Plan to invest in our kids, our families, and our economic future--because when American families do well, our nation thrives.
* Too many American families are struggling to meet basic needs and cover basic expenses. President Biden’s Plan is a once-in-a-generation investment in the foundations of middle-class prosperity: education, health care, and child care.
* The American Families Plan will (fact sheet ([link removed]) ):
+ Make education more affordable and expand opportunity through transformational investments.
+ Provide economic security to families--ensuring everyone has the opportunity to contribute to the economy and care for themselves and their families.
+ Expand tax credits that help workers and families – a powerful tool that can help build economic prosperity.
Tonight, President Biden will address a joint session of Congress for the first time. Please share the information above through your social media channels and tag @massdems.
Most major news networks will carry President Biden's address and it will be streamed live at 9 PM on the White House website ([link removed]) and social media @WhiteHouse or @POTUS.
We encourage you to share these talking points with your networks online and offline. Questions about the information outlined above and about the MassDems Wire program may be directed at our Communications Director, Allison Mitchell. (mailto:[email protected]?subject=Wednesday%20Wire)
Our mailing address is:
Massachusetts Democratic Party
11 Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02108
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can ** update your preferences ([link removed])
or ** unsubscribe from this list ([link removed])