March 22, 2021
Citizens to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse
PASS THE "PREVENTION PACKAGE!”
A package of bills introduced this session in the Massachusetts Senate and
House would go a long way to prevent the sexual abuse of our children.
Urge your Senator and Representative to
SIGN ON to these bills TODAY!
PROTECT OUR SCHOOL CHILDREN
SD2262 (Sen. Lovely) and HD1284 (Rep. Lawn)
* Require education for school and youth-serving organization employees
about child sexual abuse prevention.
* Require schools to adopt a Model Code of Conduct to probit employee
PREVENT SEXUAL ABUSERS FROM WORKING IN SCHOOLS
SD2260 (Sen. Lovely) and HD2926 (Rep. Blais)
* Screen out applicants with sexual misconduct histories.
* Stop “passing the trash” practices whereby sexual abusers are enabled
to move on to new positions where they are still a danger to children.
PROHIBIT AGE OF CONSENT AS A DEFENSE
SD2300 & SD2299 (Sen. Lovely) and HD1887 (Rep. Gordon)
* Shield 16-18 year-olds from educator sexual misconduct/abuse.
* Close the "age of consent loophole" that protects abusers by allowing
them to claim a relationship with a student is consensual.
Learn the Facts. Take Action.
* Visit our Citizens to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse webpage for links
to these bills, a summary of their key provisions, and why passage is so
* Contact your Senator and Representative TODAY and urge them to sign
on to these bills. We need to show strong bi-partisan support and send the
message that Massachusetts children need action now.
* Reach out to local media and refer them to MassKids so we can inform
the public about these bills and the stories behind them.
* Attend an upcoming Webinar featuring Senator Joan Lovely to learn more
about these bills. Click on the flyer below to register:
Click here to download the webinar flyer as a PDF.
Website Email Address
1. [link removed]
2. [link removed]
3. [link removed]
4. [link removed]
5. [link removed]
6. [link removed]
7. [link removed]
8. [link removed]
9. mailto:[email protected]
Manage Your Subscription:
This message was sent to [email protected]
from [email protected]
Massachusetts Citizens for Children
112 Water Street
Boston, MA 02109
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
iContact - Try it for FREE: [link removed]